It takes a commitment to understand the ongoing impact of the war and occupation in Iraq. Here is a test you can take to measure how well you have kept up with events.
1) How much does the U.S. pay per day for the war in Iraq?
a) $100 million
b) $270 million
c) $525 million
d) $720 million
2) If the U.S. spent $1 per day in Iraq, how much would go to repair and humanitarian assistance?
a) 7 cents
b) 13 cents
c) fraction of one penny
d) 1 penny
3) What is the population of Iraq?
a) 53 million
b) 12 million
c) 27 million
d) 100 million
4) How many Iraqis have been displaced from their homes?
a) 8 million
c) 5 million
d) 3 million
5) How many Iraqi have been killed?
b) 1 million
6) How many Iraqis are now refugees outside the country?
a) 3.7 million
d) 2.4 million
7) How many Iraqi refugees has Syria accepted?
b) 1.4 million
8) How many Iraqi refugees has the U.S. accepted?
9) How many U.S. troops are in Iraq? (Not including mercenaries and private contractors.)
10) What countries border Iraq?
a) Lebanon, Palestine, North Korea, Pakistan
b) Yemen, Sudan, Somalia
c) Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Iran, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia
d) Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan
Answers coming soon!